You don’t need to get a new car to invest in a smoother drive and a more powerful feel from your vehicle. With today’s technology, there are some cool upgrades you can incorporate into your current car to boost its performance without needing to splash out on a whole new ride. Whether you’re hoping to bring some high-tech features to your daily commute or make your car safer for your family road trips, use these simple upgrades to make it happen.
- Invest in better wheels. If you change just one thing to improve your car’s performance, make it the wheels. Switch out your current set for high quality alloy wheels – they offer a sleeker and more attractive look for your car, easier handling, better brake clearance, and they’ll boost the overall value of your car when the time comes to sell. These wheels are a real investment purchase, and as long as you keep them clean and maintain them properly they should give you a better quality drive for years to come.
- Make parking easier than ever before. Still struggling with parallel parking? You’re not alone. Some people still battle to squeeze into a tight parking space despite being accomplished drivers for many years. Fortunately, technology has a way to help you out. Get yourself a set of parking sensors – the sensors will let you know whenever you’re getting close to another object and let out a beeping noise so you can stop in time. Invest in a pricier product if you want more features, but even a basic model will make parking less stressful.
- Upgrade your engine. If you have a pretty high quality car but your engine has been lagging for a while, you could boost the power easily without having to pay out for a brand new engine. Use a turbo kit to make a real difference to the performance of your engine. Some clever DIY enthusiasts have even created their own turbo kits from scratch, so you may want to give that a try if you’re particularly handy with a toolbox.
- Get Bluetooth capability for your sound system. Fiddling with wires and cables isn’t just irritating; it’s also dangerous if you’re paying more attention to the stereo than the road in front of you. Eliminate the problem by installing a Bluetooth-friendly stereo that can instantly sync with your phone and play all of your favourite tunes while you drive.
- Increase awareness of your car’s stats. Want to keep a closer eye on the overall health and performance of your car? You could always add auxiliary gages to your dashboard. Depending on the product, they’ll give you far more information about the health of your engine, and can let you know the temperature of your coolant and the current status of your oil pressure.
- Relax in super-comfy seats. If you tend to spend a lot of time in the car, you could definitely benefit from a seat upgrade. Install new seats with built-in massage features to help you unwind during that stressful commute home. You can even get heated options to help you stay warm and cosy in the winter. If comfort is a must-have for you, this is definitely a feature to consider.